• İçim Kefir Family
• What is Kefir, how is it produced?
• How is Kefir fermented?
• What are the benefits of Kefir?
• How to drink Kefir / How is it consumed?
• Everything You Wonder About Kefir
Kefir, known as the "miracle drink", has been an indispensable part of a healthy life in the territories such as Central Asia and the Caucasus for centuries. It is a nutritious fermented diary beverage that has gained popularity all over the world with its positive effects on health.
If you are looking for a healthy and delicious beverage, İçim Kefir, a natural probiotic source, is the best choice for you to enjoy every day. You can bring the health benefit right on your table with plain, lactose-free, traditional taste and fruit options.
İçim Kefir Family
İçim Kefir contains vitamins and minerals necessary for a balanced life. It also helps support the immune system and regulates the digestive system. Well, what flavors are in İçim Kefir family which is pleasant and easy to digest and that can be consumed at any time of the day? Let's meet them!
Kefir, a dairy product originating from Central Asia and the North Caucasus, has a history of hundreds of years. It is produced by fermenting milk with kefir grains or kefir starter culture. The consistency of the drink, which is similar to ayran (a salty yogurt drink made from diluted yogurt and salt), is more intense than ayran, and its aroma is slightly sour.
Today, it is a beverage that has become increasingly popular throughout the world, thanks to being a healthy drink as well as its taste. There are many microorganisms that are beneficial for health in fermented milk drink. These microorganisms, known as probiotics, balance the gut microbiota. The fermented beverage, which is a dairy product rich in protein, calcium, vitamins and minerals and can be consumed by people of all ages, is indispensable for the tables with its taste.
The content of the beverage fermented with milk contains probiotic microorganisms along with culture and yeast. The fermentation process takes place at the appropriate temperature after yeast and culture are added to pasteurized milk.
İçim Kefir is produced by fermentation under high hygienic conditions and reaches your tables in the most delicious way. It does not contain any additives, preservatives, sweeteners and colorants. Everyone from growing children and adolescents to elders can consume İçim Kefir with peace of mind.
Studies show that this fermented beverage can have positive effects on many aspects from digestion to immunity. One advantage of the beverage, which contains all the beneficial nutrients in milk, is that it has less lactose than milk.
Since it is a fermented product; it contains probiotic microorganisms such as bifidobacterium, lactobacillus acidophilus. Here are the benefits of kefir:
● Kefir helps balancing intestinal flora: It contains more than one million beneficial microorganisms. By balancing the intestinal flora, it helps the healthy functioning of the intestines known as the "second brain".
● Kefir helps to improve the functioning of the digestive system: Thanks to good microorganisms that aid digestion, it is effective in the regular functioning of not only the intestine but the entire digestive system.
● Kefir supports the strengthening of the immune system: The probiotics in its content contribute to the strengthening of the immune system against harmful microorganisms by multiplying in the digestive system.
● Kefir helps to balance cholesterol levels: Kefir contributes to the decrease of LDL, which is popularly known as bad cholesterol, with the lactic acid and yeast it contains.
● Kefir helps weight control: The beverage, which keeps you full with its high protein content, can also be used for weight control as it regulates appetite.
It is also very pleasant to consume the drink in its plain form, which should take its place in daily nutrition due to its health benefits. You can add 1-2 servings of kefir (1 serving = 250 ml) to your daily nutrition routine and take a healthy break during the day. You can either drink your plain or fruit drink alone, or you can add it to your fruit smoothie recipes to prepare nutritious drinks.
The recipes are not limited to these. Try to prepare the flavors like cold ayran aşı soup (chilled yogurt and chickpea soup), tzatziki with yogurt or ayran with kefir! You can make little experiments with many recipes you prepare with milk or yogurt. with drinks with İçim Kefir.
We have answered frequently asked questions about its content, storage and consumption recommendations for you to get to know this probiotic drink that is nutritious as well as delicious.