- Our Products
- Our Brands
- Our Recipes
For the base:
600 g fresh kadayif
150 g butter
6 tablespoons honey
For the cream:
4 packs of İçim Labneh
5 tablespoons honey
For the top:
8 black and green figs
3 sprigs of mint
4 tablespoons molasses
2 handfuls of raw hazelnuts
– For the crispy kadayif base, break 600 g fresh kadayif into small pieces with your hands as if you were crumbling it for kunafeh.
– Add 150 g of melted butter to the shredded kadayıf a little at a time. It is important that all the kadayifs get their share of the oil.
– Then spread the kadayif on the bottom of 2 rectangular 25x 35 cm trays.
– Bake the kadayifs on the middle shelf and bottom of the oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes until they turn color. After 15 minutes, change the orientation and position of the trays.
– Meanwhile, for the cream, add 5 tablespoons of honey to 4 packets of İçim Labne in a large bowl and mix.
– Cut 8 figs into quarters or halves. Make a cross-shaped incision on two of them from the top and squeeze a little from the bottom. Then you will have figs that blossom like flowers. If you don’t want to waste the skin of the fig, wash it thoroughly and use it with the skin.
– You can also make it with oranges in winter or peaches and cherries in season.
– Roughly chop 2 large handfuls of raw hazelnuts.
– When the kadayifs are golden brown, take them out of the oven and turn them with the tray on the plate you will serve them on.
– Drizzle 3 tablespoons of honey over it.
– When it cools a little, spread half of the cream on it.
– Place half of the figs and hazelnuts on top. Sprinkle 2 sprigs of mint leaves.
– Pour in 2 tablespoons of molasses without overflowing too much.
– Then place the second layer of kadayif and do the same for the second layer.
– Your light dessert, which winks at baklava on the one hand and kunafa on the other, is waiting for you to enjoy.